MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Meet the family (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9737)

hrpearce 13-10-07 12:12

Meet the family

1 Attachment(s)
Because I will not meet most of the members of MLU I thought it would be interesting to have family photos posted.
My family Vicki, me Robert, sons oldest Gregory in front of me, youngest Samuel in front of Vicki. Married 13 years Greg 12, Sam 10.

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 13-10-07 12:35

What a great portrait, Robert! At least now we know who really runs the place... Vicki looks like she's got a firm hand on the lot of you ( :fry: ) - she'd certainly have me calling her "Ma'am"! Greg gives me the impression he's got us all figured out ( :eek: ) and Sam looks like he's absolutely up to no good and knows how to get away with it ( :devil: )!

As for you, mate... what the bloody hell is it you're sitting on??!! :blink: :D

Thanks for posting this!

:cheers:

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 13-10-07 12:43

Seriously, mate, a delightful photograph. Will you be taking the family to Corowa in March '08? A great many of us will be there...

hrpearce 13-10-07 13:28

Corowa

Geoff I will be at Corowa hopefully for at least 3 days to meet as many people as possible and prepare for 2009. Boys will be with me work roster will determine if Vicki can come. As for me in the picture that look is, I haved pressed the button did I get into place in time. :coffee :coffee :coffee :giveup

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 13-10-07 13:36

:yappy: It's all right, Robert, you did well, all around! I'll look forward to seeing you at Corowa... between now and then we'll see if we can't put something together to get the max number of us in one place at one time for a photo shoot! :thup:

hrpearce 14-06-09 11:29

1 Attachment(s)
Updated family portrate taken 14/6/09. Boys are now 14 1/3 & 11 3/4 years old. I think it would be good if others posted here to connect our families together as most of us will never meet.

Ryan 14-06-09 12:45

family pics

Great idea Robert, I'll hang back for now though.

:)

cliff 14-06-09 23:29

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Robert. Below is 3 photos.

1/ Me and the second most important member of my family 'Princess' my assistance dog.

2/ another of 'Princess'

3/ my alter ego 'MrRoo' - 'SIR!' (Silly Irresistable Roo)

The #1 person in my life, my wife of 26 years Kathleen (Kathie),decided she did not want to be seen online in any guise. :nono:

I can still walk a bit which amazes the doctors just not for any distance or time. I have a wheelchair as I do not have the strength in my arms to steer an electric scooter or propel a manual wheelchair so I automaticly loose my independence when my power chair is broken or I have tpo go somewhere I cannot take it.

hrpearce 18-12-10 19:41

1 Attachment(s)
It's been a while since this thread has been used. Greg has just finished year 10 and Sam took this picture of us leaving for the Y10 formal. A great night. :cheers:

Keith Webb 18-12-10 20:27

Formal

You scrub up alright, Robert!

Now let's see a pic of you driving the blitz in your suit. :)

lynx42 19-12-10 00:18

Looking Good Robert, Bet you don't look like that out sprayng blackberrys.

hrpearce 27-01-11 13:10

1 Attachment(s)
I took Vicki out to a restraunt in Tumbarumba tonight to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary. When the Chef found out she had to do something special so she quickly decorated the plate that the desert was served on and made chocklate harts to top the icecream. We had a wonderful relaxed night. :cheers:

easo 27-01-11 13:22

G'day Robert, hope you had a great night. My horse came from Tumbarumba.

Regards Easo

hrpearce 14-03-11 11:36

They grow up fast

1 Attachment(s)
As of today I have a new chauffeur. :D

Bob McNeill 14-03-11 12:13

meet my family

1 Attachment(s)
The dog died, the kids have left home so it just the two of us.

Cameron Reed 04-04-11 15:13

chauffeur

Well Robert at least you could sit back and have a nice 45 mph ride to North Tuppal station, what a fantastic place to go to,I followed you most of the way there. Good way to start racking up the hrs on the L's. I never had a chance to catch up with you later, did you get your electrical gremlin sorted out :thup:

hrpearce 04-04-11 21:26

Hi Cameron yes it's good to sit back and enjoy the ride while logging the hours. The electrical problem will have to go to the experts as it apears to be behind the dash.

Ryan 05-04-11 04:38

the mcneil family

Don't you mean the three of you bob? And blitz makes three.

hrpearce 05-04-11 12:46

Torago electrics fixed :) I finally found where my darling wife had hidden the drivers manual, besides the two fuse boxes under the bonet there are two more in the cab under the dash :doh: The fuse I needed to replace was on the pasanger side up against the firewall behind a massive collection of wires. To see it you have to remove the glovebox and to get at it you have to remove part of the trim and stand on your head on the floor :bang:

hrpearce 16-05-11 11:58

1 Attachment(s)
Greg has just spent a week in Canberra with 45 other year 11 students from around Australia. Each student met their local fedral member, Greg met Michael McCormack member for Riverina. The study tour of parliament and Cnberra, including the War Memorial and Duntroon is organised by Rotary and the students stay with host families.

hrpearce 02-07-11 21:05

1 Attachment(s)
Greg and Sam dressed up to go to the Batlow Rotary changeover dinner, the Interact club ran the fine session after the meal. :cheers:

hrpearce 28-01-12 11:59

29th. January 1994.

4 Attachment(s)
Vicki and myself 18 years ago. :cheers:

hrpearce 24-03-12 14:46

Our aniversary present to each other this year was tickets to Leo Sayer in Tumut. We had a great night. :cheers:

hrpearce 20-05-12 11:42

3 Attachment(s)
Greg was called up to fill a gap left in the southern highlands junior fours regional playoffs when one member turned 18 and had to withdraw. His team won yesterday so we had to go back to Wagga today. Unfortunately they lost to Wagga this morning and when we left for home Wagga was playing Albury in the final to see who chalanged the other regions for the state title. :cheers:

hrpearce 10-07-12 20:46

inderpendance day

1 Attachment(s)
Greg went to Tumut yesterday to do his driving test for his P licence. It was a wet foggy day and he passed with a score of 105 out of 106 :thup2:

Keith Webb 10-07-12 20:58

P plates

Congratulations Greg, great score! :thup2:

cliff 11-07-12 00:27

good one Greg. Now you can be designated driver for your Mum and Dad LOL!

hrpearce 11-07-12 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliff (Post 167522)
good one Greg. Now you can be designated driver for your Mum and Dad LOL!

I thought you had a good idea Cliff but Greg said he is not interested in driving drunks home. :(

hrpearce 18-09-12 11:56

1 Attachment(s)
Our "baby" Samuel turned 15 today.

Phil Waterman 18-09-12 14:39

Happy birthday

Hi Robert

A happy belated birthday and when can Samuel start driving legally on the road? Has he started practicing yet?

What is the driving age in Australia?

Cheers Phil