MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Restoration Forum (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   the C 30, cab 11 in our back shed (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7772)

Max Hedges 03-01-07 00:38

the C 30, cab 11 in our back shed

The other day we draged the chev from the tunnel to the shed so we could start working on the old girl. At this stage our plan is not to fully restore the blitz but to get it going and keep it as original as we can. So far the engine is out and another one is ready to go in.
Max

Keith Webb 03-01-07 03:02

Max's back shed.

All sorts of things can be found in Max's back shed including CMPs.

http://www.oldcmp.net/Images/hedges/cab11/all3.jpg

http://www.oldcmp.net/Images/hedges/cab11/11_1.jpg

Robert Farmer 03-01-07 11:26

Where's the pics?

Did any of our photos come out???

sth65pac 03-01-07 12:23

the C 30, cab 11 in our back shed

Max,

I reckon you have the best back sheds in all the land! We are still recovering from last look you gave us before Christmas! I would love to have a shed half the size!

Are you changing over the parts on the other two to make one the favourite?

Ian

Max Hedges 03-01-07 21:11

Re: Where's the pics?

Quote:

Originally posted by Robert Farmer
Did any of our photos come out???
Robert the pictures look fine just don't know how to get them off Emma's camera

Ian we will using parts off the one in the middle of keefys photo for the one on the left, the one on the right is faily complete and we are keeping it for another project.

Max

Euan McDonald 03-01-07 22:14

progress

Hey Max, Sounds like you should be ready to give it a run down the road to Corowa :p

Robert Farmer 07-01-07 10:18

Hedges Shed

1 Attachment(s)
This afternoon some more progress was made on Max's cab 11, the donor donk and gearbox have been installed and the rear drums removed in readiness for 21st century grease and a dewebing. We also removed the roof section ready for a volunteer with a MIG for some minor repairs ( nudge nudge wink wink Rusty) ;) It will be delivered to your place shortly. Anyway heres some of the action...

Robert Farmer 07-01-07 10:19

1 Attachment(s)
And another

Robert Farmer 07-01-07 10:20

1 Attachment(s)
Another

Robert Farmer 07-01-07 10:20

1 Attachment(s)
And again

Robert Farmer 07-01-07 10:32

1 Attachment(s)
One more

Col Tigwell 07-01-07 11:53

I like the look of your trades assistant, hansom lad and I see you have him doing the hard part.

Truck looks like it will come upa treat.

Regards

Col

Rusty 08-01-07 10:32

The Director

"Hay" Max I think you should set up Shop with Keefy now that farming has gone to the dogs. I am sure Keefy could do with a director on his latest films

"Carman's Romp at Corowa" and "Well Bike Travels"

You seem to be able get great action shots of Rob doing the risky stuff.

:smoker:

Keith Webb 13-01-07 05:46

Re: The Director

Quote:

Originally posted by Rusty
"Hay" Max I think you should set up Shop with Keefy now that farming has gone to the dogs. I am sure Keefy could do with a director on his latest films

"Carman's Romp at Corowa" and "Well Bike Travels"

You seem to be able get great action shots of Rob doing the risky stuff.

Just as long as you'll be my stuntman, Rusty!

Rusty 13-01-07 06:22

OK Keefy

Sure thing Keefy I even have a name for the venture

Production Company RUSTYMAX films
Studio "WCM" (Webb,Carmen& Mosely)

Filmed in KEEFYRAMA
Sound KATHYSROUND

Robert Farmer 13-01-07 06:31

Hijackers

I think you guys have hijacked this thread!! Your suppose to be working Rusty!!!! :teach:

alleramilitaria 13-01-07 16:53

nice i need one of them, looking around to make sure the wife isnt around. :D

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 13-01-07 17:11

Re: Hijackers

Quote:

Originally posted by Robert Farmer
I think you guys have hijacked this thread!! Your suppose to be working Rusty!!!! :teach:
That's the THREADJACKER2000(TM) software autorun feature. Not sure how to shut it off. :)

Max Hedges 21-01-07 00:00

passenger hold down handle

Query were hold down handles fitted to cab 11 models

Max

Max Hedges 31-01-07 22:58

handle

1 Attachment(s)
does any one know if these handles were fitted to cab 11 blitzs
Max

sth65pac 09-04-07 09:42

The Data Plate

1 Attachment(s)
I took this today, For all.

Max tells me that this truck is the third order to be delivered. See the plate. Now that is a LOW number.

Ian

sth65pac 09-04-07 09:47

Progress Picture

This photo provides an overall view of progress. (yep the engine is in!) Not a lot of hay left either.

Ian

sth65pac 09-04-07 09:48

Progress Picture

1 Attachment(s)
This photo provides an overall view of progress. (yep the engine is in!) Not a lot of hay left though I should have brought some rain in a bucket Max.

Ian

Richard Farrant 09-04-07 09:58

Re: The Data Plate

Quote:

Originally posted by sth65pac
I took this today, For all.

Max tells me that this truck is the third order to be delivered. See the plate. Now that is a LOW number.

Ian

Ian,

That is a British contract plate, for Contract No. SM2003, Catalogue Ref. No. 8, for Chev C30 GS trucks, with British Census No's L4448758 to 4450257

sth65pac 09-04-07 10:56

Richard,

You have to be correct.

I am merely the messenger... errr photographer.

Thanks for the clarifying the data. (not coining a phrase). I knew someone would sort it out and explain the lineage.

Ian

David_Hayward (RIP) 09-04-07 14:54

Amazing!

http://www.mapleleafup.org/forums/at...=&postid=72318

I have never seen any reference before to a plate stating which Demand the CMPs were delivered to. I have often queried in my mind whether there was ever such an indication before the 1943 revised GM of Canada plates.

Is this the lorry that I have notes on:

Quote:

In Australia: Engine number R3747383 number across the front cowl in white 4449560 and in black across the mudguard 30565 which we think may have been an embarkation number.
please?

This lorry was one of 1200 ordered to be assembled in England, possibly by General Motors Limited in Bamber Bridge near Preston, Lancashire starting from around April 1941. Some were then shipped off to the Mid-East theatre, issued to the AIF, etc. and then 'sold' by way of payments through London in 1941.

Richard Farrant 09-04-07 15:01

Re: Amazing!

Quote:

Originally posted by David_Hayward
http://www.mapleleafup.org/forums/at...=&postid=72318

I have never seen any reference before to a plate stating which Demand the CMPs were delivered to. I have often queried in my mind whether there was ever such an indication before the 1943 revised GM of Canada plates.

David,

That contract plate was used generally on British vehicles during WW2, seen on Austin, Morris Comm, Bedford, etc. etc. So obviously any vehicle brought in from US or Canada, had one fitted on reciept in UK.

Max Hedges 09-04-07 23:32

David that is the lorry ( cab 11) that we discussed before, our plan is to have it running and take to Corowa some time.
Max

Keith Webb 10-04-07 00:02

Some time?

Quote:

Originally posted by Max Hedges
David that is the lorry ( cab 11) that we discussed before, our plan is to have it running and take to Corowa some time.
Max

Like Corowa '09 perhaps?

We could have two cab 11s there if Mike is able to bring his C8!

David_Hayward (RIP) 10-04-07 09:28

Pix

I would love some pix please of the lorry (over 1 ton) in due course for a new book that I plan on assembly by GM Limited.

And thanks Richard...ot makes sense but excuse me for not saying so, I have not seen one before. I suppose they tended to get "lost" over the years, perhaps even in service.