MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale Or Wanted (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wanted Corbin locks for my carrier (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12486)

Adame 24-02-09 00:40

Wanted Corbin locks for my carrier

I am looking for Corbin locks for my carrier 3 of them.

I have tried Dirk to no avail. I any help deeply appreciated.

Adame :no4:

Jordan Baker 24-02-09 01:10

I too am looking for some (need 5) for my UC and another vehicle. Ive tried Dirk for the past month with no luck.

peter simundson 24-02-09 01:35

Corbin locks

Try Barry Churcher I think he has some of these.

kevin powles 24-02-09 03:14

Hi, This might me a silly question but what is A corbin lock and were do they go on the carrier please?. In my work I have alot of old locks so may be able to help. a pictu :confusedre would be nice.

Jordan Baker 24-02-09 04:22

Hi Kevin

Corbin padlocks was a padlock made by Corbin. They made them in Canada during the war. On the UC Mk1 3 were needed. They were used to lock the tool box, the spare barrel bin and the crew stowage locker.

Im not sure how many you need but "back off" :eek: till others get them. Ive been trying for some months now to get a hold of them. (Only joking of course) :cheers: Its hard to buy things when emails aren't returned.

For me I'd like to get them since my UC is nearing completion. ( I know, its not done till the exhaust system is installed) :doh:

Neil Ashley 24-02-09 08:58

Unless he has sold them all Dirk has large quanities of the padlocks at very reasonable prices.

Unfortunately he is famous in the hobby for not responded to e-mails to his site. I would suggest trying his stall at Beltring where he normally has them for sale.

RichardT10829 24-02-09 10:40

Neil is right there, no good sending him emails or requests on the site, LWD is a hobby him and he is otherwise a very busy man, ring him on his mobile i always get through when i ring him ;) or as Neil says wait until Beltring

Jordan Baker 24-02-09 11:13

Thanks for those suggestions but a bit harder to do when the Atlantic Ocean and part of Europe is between me and him. And sure I'd love to go to Beltring but that probably wont happen.

RichardT10829 24-02-09 12:01

then his mobile is your only hope buddy, give him a bell see where you get ;)

Neil Ashley 24-02-09 14:02

Jordan

If you still need them by the time of Beltring let me know and I will put some in the post for you.

rob love 24-02-09 17:14

If you search "corbin lock" on ebay, there are always some on there. If you are patient, you can even get a matching set together.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Vintage-Corbin-Br...efaultDomain_0

Col Tigwell 24-02-09 22:48

There is a guy coming up on Aussie E bay, who has at least one for sale.

It is in a job lot of locks he is selling, and there is a guy there inquiring about the Reece locks which are included.

He appear to have no interest in the others, perhaps if he bids and you do a deal on the side to buy his conbin, should be cheap.

Lot 120381518209 refers.

Hope this helps.

Col

Barry Churcher 25-02-09 01:45

Jordan, I have some locks for you and for Adame. I don't know the price but will put the locks aside. I am not trying to make excuses for Dirk and you all know he is my buddy but I have sat at his computer and watched the emails come in. Wow! :eek:Imagine yourself receiving 20 emails tonight with questions about prices, shipping, stock availability, etc. Then there are the orders for " I think its a British carrier but may be a Canadian MKII but send the part anyway and email me with the shipping first in case its too much and then I don't want it". Now its time for bed and only 10 emails are sorted out. Next night 25 more emails. :eek: It goes on and on. I personally would only sell things at the shows. It is incredible the traffic that attends his stall at events. Then there are the Saturdays when people come to his place from all over Europe for pickups or just shopping. While there last year a chap came from Czech to pick up 10 Jeep MB engines. He even left a case of Czech Budweiser. :cheers: Oh yeah, he sometimes likes to do a little restoration work as well. So hang in there guys and if there is anything I can do to help just ask. I also know he is off to Tunisia for a holiday to keep the BOSS happy so he can continue with all this other foolishness.
Cheers,
Barry

Jordan Baker 25-02-09 01:57

Hi Barry

Fully understand his situation with how many emails he gets. My line of work, the calls never end.

Thanks for the help though and I will contact you via PM for the locks. :salute:

Now I need to get a temp gauge for the UC.

Jordan