MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Gracies Call - First Of 2007! (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7866)

Vets Dottir 25-01-07 06:22

EXCELLENT!!! Thank you Clive for taking some great photos and posting them ... :cheers:

Wonderful to see all of you MLU-ers there. I can tell a good time was had. Especially by Geoff surrounded by the Gracies girls :)

By the way, the photo of Geoff, closeup, all Dressed-and-Digger-ed-Up, is awesome. (You look great, Geoff, and very happy amongst your MLU-ers! ... you created that :p )

Karmen

Greg 25-01-07 13:42

Rob,

Thanks for the invite to Gracies. I had a great time.
It was nice to put faces to the names in the forum. Thanks Clive for the pictures. As for the short skirts, the waitress on Jeff's left has left little to the imagination as something appears to have gotten shorter. The waitress' there have got legs that go until they make an *** of themselves.

:cheers:
Greg

RHClarke 25-01-07 18:35

Hem, hem.

Quote:

[i]... you should have turned the camera sideways when you were shooting me and the ladies... that way you would have captured those legendary hemlines for all time... [/B]
He did, but he is not sharing them...

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 25-01-07 18:55

Re: Hem, hem.

Quote:

Originally posted by RHClarke
He did, but he is not sharing them...
I just KNEW there was something evil about him...

Pylon1357 25-01-07 20:43

Can we (ok I) please see more pictures of the lovely ladies... Very nice atmosphere there for certain. I wish to thank those who made Gracie's the choice meeting location.

RHClarke 25-01-07 23:35

More of Gracies

1 Attachment(s)
I know why Mike is smiling...but, can't figure out why Jessie is smiling???

RHClarke 25-01-07 23:36

Most of the Gang

1 Attachment(s)
A good time was had by all...

RHClarke 25-01-07 23:38

The Head Table

1 Attachment(s)
Photo credits: Mike Calnan's camera

Mark W. Tonner 25-01-07 23:45

Re: .... A good time was had by all ...

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

A good time was had by all...
... and just look who's dead centre ...... Mr. "servicepub" himself ... and it looks like behind him, Master "SUNRAY" himself is asleep again ..... :D

RHClarke 25-01-07 23:54

Thanks for stopping by

1 Attachment(s)
Geoff,

On behalf of all the Ottawa Rotters, thank you for taking the time to attend our gathering. I echo Bob's sentiments, and would like to add, that we were delighted to hear that you were going to attend. It was a fun night, and your presence added greatly to the experience.

We Rotters are a clamorous lot, but we have one thing in common - our interest in military vehicles. I want to thank you (the "royal" you) for sponsoring and running MLU, and for providing us with an outlet for our passions (I await the comments on that statement with baited breath...). I hope you have your Porter Air ticket for BB this summer!

It was good to see you out and about, and I thank you for your sterling contributions to our hobbys.

RHClarke 26-01-07 01:07

Asleep? Nay! I say.

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
... and just look who's dead centre ...... Mr. "servicepub" himself ... and it looks like behind him, Master "SUNRAY" himself is asleep again ..... :D
Geoff is just following Mick Jagger's advice in the song "Paint it Black" - waiting until his "darkness goes"...

RHClarke 26-01-07 01:11

Quote:

Originally posted by Pylon1357
Can we (ok I) please see more pictures of the lovely ladies... Very nice atmosphere there for certain. I wish to thank those who made Gracie's the choice meeting location.
I hope you like the latest shots, Cliff. Just be careful that our better halves don't see us having too much innocent, harmless and nonsexist fun.

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 26-01-07 07:41

Re: Thanks for stopping by

Quote:

Geoff,

On behalf of all the Ottawa Rotters, thank you for taking the time to attend our gathering. I echo Bob's sentiments, and would like to add, that we were delighted to hear that you were going to attend. It was a fun night, and your presence added greatly to the experience.

We Rotters are a clamorous lot, but we have one thing in common - our interest in military vehicles. I want to thank you (the "royal" you) for sponsoring and running MLU, and for providing us with an outlet for our passions (I await the comments on that statement with baited breath...). I hope you have your Porter Air ticket for BB this summer!

It was good to see you out and about, and I thank you for your sterling contributions to our hobbys.

Thank you for your kind remarks, Rob. It seems you're not at all like the way people talk about you... :D :p

I may have created this site, but if it's a success, it's because of the participation of all of you. That alone humbles me. :salute:

:cheers:

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 26-01-07 07:43

Re: More of Gracies

Quote:

I know why Mike is smiling...but, can't figure out why Jessie is smiling???
Methinks Jessie got a little more than she bargained for when she came to work that evening... :D

RHClarke 26-01-07 17:43

Thanks

Quote:

Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
... It seems you're not at all like the way people talk about you... :D :p

Aw, shucks. Thanks, Geoff...Hey! Wait a minute...you been talking to my frau???

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 26-01-07 18:40

Re: Thanks

Quote:

Oops...

Alex Blair (RIP) 26-01-07 18:46

Re: Thanks

Quote:

RUB...
Pay attention here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMNzF9i8e4k

RHClarke 27-01-07 02:04

CLOSE ENOUGH

Quote:

Originally posted by Alex Blair
[B]RUB...
Pay attention here...[B]
Funny stuff, Alex. I annoint you entertainment rep for the OttaRotters. Book that lad for the next meeting, and Terry Kelly for the November meeting, please.

Vets Dottir 27-01-07 07:17

Re: Thanks for stopping by

Quote:

On behalf of all the Ottawa Rotters, thank you for taking the time to attend our gathering.
Okay folks, I know the Alex, Clive, Geoff and Bob faces ... and seem to remember meeting some of the others at CC4 and ??? but don't remember names ... Who's who in these photos? :)

Well Geoff, again, you look great in the digger hat and when I get to Australia, you tagging along beside me, I'll see what I can do to find you a lovely Aussie date ... and I know how you seem smitten with "blonds" ... I'll see what I can do :D Beccy is busy so I'll have to find someone else.

Hmmmmmm ... we'll be going to the Zoo. :D :p

Charmin' Karmin'

Pylon1357 27-01-07 14:26

Re: Re: Thanks for stopping by

Quote:

Originally posted by Vets Dottir
Okay folks, I know the Alex, Clive, Geoff and Bob faces ... and seem to remember meeting some of the others at CC4 and ??? but don't remember names ... Who's who in these photos? :)

Well Geoff, again, you look great in the digger hat and when I get to Australia, you tagging along beside me, I'll see what I can do to find you a lovely Aussie date ... and I know how you seem smitten with "blonds" ... I'll see what I can do :D Beccy is busy so I'll have to find someone else.

Hmmmmmm ... we'll be going to the Zoo. :D :p

Charmin' Karmin'

I'm the one in the blue and grey work shirt, short hair and a like Hwy 401 this time of year....bare to centre bare.

RHClarke 27-01-07 15:45

Re: Re: Thanks for stopping by

Quote:

Originally posted by Vets Dottir
Who's who in these photos?
Due to an impending lawsuit, we Rotters are unable to supply any information or comment on who attended this meeting...besides, some of our sweeties would be put out if they tuned into MLU and saw us having fun...

Grant Bowker 27-01-07 16:10

Idetifying the culprits

You can visit the "A Great Day At The Hammond Barn" thead to cross-reference me (assuming that you already recognize Bob and Rob).

Grant

servicepub (RIP) 27-01-07 16:43

I, of course, was there to add a touch of style and dignity to what would otherwise be nothing more than a gathering of beer-swiling, post-bellum, grease-monkeys.
On the other hand, I have witnesses and receipts showing that I was in Montreal at that time and my likeness in the photos is either a cardboard cut-out or very clever Photoshopping. :teach:

Pylon1357 27-01-07 16:46

Quote:

Originally posted by servicepub
I, of course, was there to add a touch of style and dignity to what would otherwise be nothing more than a gathering of beer-swiling, post-bellum, grease-monkeys.
On the other hand, I have witnesses and receipts showing that I was in Montreal at that time and my likeness in the photos is either a cardboard cut-out or very clever Photoshopping. :teach:

Thank you very much for the compliments Clive, just not sure what post-bellum means but I'm sure it is a compliment as well.

You can rest assured that your cardboard likeness had a top notch time sorry you were in Montreal.

Geoff Winnington-Ball (RIP) 28-01-07 01:01

Re: Re: .... A good time was had by all ...

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
... and it looks like behind him, Master "SUNRAY" himself is asleep again ..... :D
Just caught this, you rotten swine... I was NOT... and certainly not with that delightfully short skirt in front of my face... amazing, the view you have seated sometimes (just ask Alex, who also explained and demonstrated the mechanics of Stalkers' Station)...