MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New view (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11029)

Keith Webb 02-03-18 07:32

Congratulations!

Well done on the sale of the property!

lynx42 04-03-18 11:01

Congratulations Robert and Vicky, now onto the new house and home.

R'n'J.

Howard 04-03-18 11:03

Sale

How did the sale go, Robert?
H :cheers:

hrpearce 04-03-18 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard (Post 248344)
How did the sale go, Robert?
H :cheers:

Very well Howard, well above expectations Vicki and I only have to work because we want to not because we have to.
Yes Rick we have an appointment with the house builder on Tuesday.
We get the money early April then it's full steam ahead.
Still several trailer loads to move yet hope to be finished by 14th March.
Keith if the blitz isn't picked up before we move we will store it in a neighbours truck yard for safety.
Let the new adventures begin. :cheers:

hrpearce 15-03-18 02:33

1 Attachment(s)
The Blitz has a new temporary job. :coffee

lynx42 16-03-18 12:18

Robert, We are missing you here at Corowa. All going well with almost a record number of vehicles signed in already. Final figures tomorrow.

Richard Farrant 17-03-18 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynx42 (Post 248607)
Robert, We are missing you here at Corowa. All going well with almost a record number of vehicles signed in already. Final figures tomorrow.

Hi Robert,
We had a record number of 269 vehicles booked in, inc. 111 Land Rovers and 87 jeeps. The pre-registered participants were 350. Many new people here at Corowa this year and a very successful event. You were missed!

cheers Richard

hrpearce 19-03-18 01:30

Thanks Rick and Richard.
Have limited access to internet at the moment, glad to hear of another success.
On a positive note I did get to catch up with a few collage friends most of them I hadn't seen for forty years.

hrpearce 07-04-18 09:27

I don't have to suffer withdrawal any more have internet in the shed. :thup2: :cheers:

Richard Farrant 07-04-18 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 249348)
I don't have to suffer withdrawal any more have internet in the shed. :thup2: :cheers:

That's good, now you can keep up with the news, only problem is it distracts you from other tasks....

cheers Richard

hrpearce 05-06-18 13:31

Vicki and I are looking forward to a completely new view in September 2019. We are booked on a 19 day tour in Canada, we plan to stay on and do a bit of driving when the rest of the tour flies home. Just looked at a map of Canada and it is going to take quite a bit of driving to see what is on our list. Looking forward to the challenges. :cheers:

hrpearce 13-06-18 05:16

Back to square one with our new house, the builder went bust, so we are now getting quotes to build the same or very similar plan. :bang:

gjamo 13-06-18 05:48

Builders

Hope he did not go under owing you money Robert.

hrpearce 13-06-18 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjamo (Post 251082)
Hope he did not go under owing you money Robert.

No Graeme we were meant to pay our deposit soon so dodged a bullet there.

lynx42 14-06-18 11:02

Hi Robert, Lucky to dodge the bullet there, We had a similar happening many years ago but it was the finance company with whom we were getting our loan through went bust. Re negotiated the loan with another mob but had to pay a higher % on the loan overall.
Are you able to access the 1st Home Owners Grant?

Regards to Vicky.
R'n'J.

Keith Webb 14-06-18 11:21

Canada

Sorry to hear about your builder - how disappointing!

I hope your tour of Canada will consist of going from blitz owner to blitz owner. They're a great bunch of folk there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 250866)
Vicki and I are looking forward to a completely new view in September 2019. We are booked on a 19 day tour in Canada, we plan to stay on and do a bit of driving when the rest of the tour flies home. Just looked at a map of Canada and it is going to take quite a bit of driving to see what is on our list. Looking forward to the challenges. :cheers:

hrpearce 14-06-18 14:35

No grants for me Rick, I have already owned three houses even though I never bought any.
Yes Keith that is the plan once the initial tour is finished and the others fly home.

hrpearce 31-08-18 07:07

1 Attachment(s)
One more meeting with G J Gardner on Monday then the plans can go to council.
My new toy has finally arrived, 12 weeks late, so I can change the view myself now. :cheers:

hrpearce 24-11-18 11:42

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Rick you asked how the house is going. It is a slow process unfortunately. The pad is ready and we finally have a construction certificate. Bricks, floor coverings, tiles and paint have all been chosen and priced. We will just get started and hit the twenty day Christmas shut so still a while before we are choosing furniture.

hrpearce 24-12-18 04:12

1 Attachment(s)
Slab poured before Christmas, frame delivery date is 9th January. :cheers:

Keith Webb 24-12-18 11:12

Slab

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrpearce (Post 256708)
Slab poured before Christmas, frame delivery date is 9th January. :cheers:

Looking good Rob!

Richard Farrant 24-12-18 11:52

Hi Robert,
You will have a wonderful view across the valley!

Merry Christmas to you and the family.

best regards, Richard

lynx42 25-12-18 23:38

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Robert and Vicky. We are glad things are moving along with the new home. It looks like a really great sighting of the slab to get the best views. All the best for 2019 too. R'n'J.

hrpearce 14-01-19 13:27

3 Attachment(s)
We are making progress. :cheers:

Hanno Spoelstra 14-01-19 14:55

Wow Robert, talk about a "room with a view"!

Looks like a great start for 2019 - all the best to you and your family :thup2:

Hanno

lynx42 14-01-19 22:55

Excellent Robert. Things will now progress quite quickly. Regards Rick 'n' Jill.

Bob Carriere 15-01-19 00:02

All you need is snow on them hills.....

....for skiing......

Curious on your wonderful set up.....

No basement....... where do you hide all your family antiques????

why do the internal wall uprights look a shade of green...? Do you have to use treated wood for protection from boring beetles or termites????

Hoping you are planning to build an equally large facilities for the CMPS....

In my neighborhood they were roofing a new house yesterday in minus 18 C .... can you imagine how cold that poor roofer must have felt....rushing to enclose the new structure before the snow tonight.

Cheers

hrpearce 15-01-19 09:07

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the comments.
Yes Bob treated pine to deter the bugs getting the munchies. Basements are rare here most houses are single story on a slab these days.

hrpearce 09-03-19 20:36

4 Attachment(s)
The retirement village is coming along nicely, still a while off finishing though. :cheers:

Keith Webb 09-03-19 21:49

Home

Looking great Rob, and what a view!