MLU FORUM

MLU FORUM (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Sergeants' Mess (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Educating Canadians (http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14682)

Hanno Spoelstra 28-05-10 11:15

Looks like you guys are having a great time - again!

Cannot get my head around you Aussies being soooo slack with Chris' Vegemite inititation :D :D

H.

zemsi 28-05-10 14:47

... nope, no panic day :coffee

Everything went more or less smoothly and the Canadians packed for the first time their Swag. Not everybody was so keen to sleep in it on the ground. Some of them are sleeping in the trucks under cover ;)

Kathy spoiled me with couple swag. So she's probably hoping I flirt with a jillaroo :kangaroo or pick up a blonde tall Swedish backpacker :D As you say here, you haven't been in Australia if you haven't slept in a Swag and had a s## in it :sheep:

bye
chris

colin jones 29-05-10 00:02

:blink::blink::wacko:Well I have to say. Swag's are great to keep out the cold but if they are telling you to shit in it then I guess I've never been to Australia either. Generally you dig a hole, say a small prayer like "Thank God for that" and cover it over. You would have your own personal Dutch oven though!:ergh:
Colin.

Keith Webb 29-05-10 00:15

Er Colin

Chris only included two ## after the "S" not three ### which could mean an entirely different exercise which works best with two if you get my drift :rolleyes

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin jones (Post 131177)
:blink::blink::wacko:Well I have to say. Swag's are great to keep out the cold but if they are telling you to shit in it then I guess I've never been to Australia either. Generally you dig a hole, say a small prayer like "Thank God for that" and cover it over. You would have your own personal Dutch oven though!:ergh:
Colin.

Howard 29-05-10 00:38

decode:

I took it as the S** too
Not S***. Can't say I've done either in the swag...

colin jones 29-05-10 02:20

Ah yes! I see it now, it was the ( a s## ) that through me. Its funny that its only one # that could make the difference between feast and famine? :doh: :thup:
Colin.

cliff 29-05-10 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin jones (Post 131188)
Ah yes! I see it now, it was the ( a s## ) that through me. Its funny that its only one # that could make the difference between feast and famine? :doh: :thup:
Colin.

or between enjoyable or smelly :D

Lynn Eades 29-05-10 03:24

Swags

Remind me not to borrow someone elses swag.

aj.lec 29-05-10 03:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by zemsi (Post 131163)
... :D As you say here, you haven't been in Australia if you haven't slept in a Swag and had a s## in it

bye
chris

s## ???
I am hoping Chris is taking it as at least one or more of the following
-sleep
-shagged
-screwed
-snoozed
-snored
-Hopefully not shivered
BUT never Shit or spew

Tony Smith 29-05-10 17:09

I hope that's Vegemite in your swag, Chris! :ergh:

And as the old saying goes: "A wet fart does NOT count as a "Spa"!"

Rusty 30-05-10 14:41

I think the double swag Sxx was meant to be SEX fellas Chris is Hopefull

4 Attachment(s)
Tony lend the Lad a gumboot, enough said

Canadians are away, two Canadians went AWOL on the day of departure so Max and Kath had to stay behind a while, the rest got going at 8 am in the nice misty rain, at least they all had padded overalls to keep their hides dry.

Rusty 31-05-10 14:50

Day 1 route

3 Attachment(s)
We left Yass and headed to Boorowa, Toy Dodge up front and Canadians in Max's ute and blitz. Arrived at Boorowa and waited for a while for the Canadians to arrive. Swiss Chris and I decided that if we gave them time for a leg stretch they might forget all they learned so far about crash box truck driveing. So when we sighted the blitz grinding through the gears we pulled out and kept them going to Cowra.

I thought that it might be nice to educated the Canadians on the Cowra breakout so we stopped at the vistors centre for a look at the historic movie on the Japanese breakout during WW2 from the POW camp. I soon learnt that 6 older Canadians and cats were related as we tried to entice them back to the trucks for another haul. Eventually lunch is just around the corner got the boys behind the wheel and 32km we got round the corner to Canowindra.

While most went to the bakery for lunch we lost 1 Australians and two Canadians now that was a total of four lost Canadians for the day. Eventual tail end Charlie Mark Gruber found them holed up in Pub drinking bear and not wanting to drive another leg in an old truck. As the apointed leader for this section child pyshcology was applied and told them we were leaving now and left, they soon were on the road trying to catch up.

Next stop was Molong were we visted a junk yard artist who turns old farm machinery into art work, in fact for the next 80 km of road every farm seemed to be displaying a bit beside the road. This were Max caught up along with the Four Canadians he did not stop as he had left his best working dog at home and rounding up Candians was hard work on your own.

Lynn Eades 31-05-10 22:19

Hog

That a pretty smart bit of garden art. He should put it on Epay. He might make a good buck on it. I bet the ride would be nearly as bad as a CMP.

zemsi 02-06-10 13:07

Greetings from Bourke

... just on a slow connection. We drove from Dubbo to Cryon, visited Yarraldool, drove through Walgett to Bourke.

Was heavy raining the first few days. Took some good mud pics, but unfortunately, Mark G forgot his card reader.

We will try tomorrow to drive to White Cliffs, depending on road conditions.

Greetings from Max and his Canadian Crew as well

Chris
2nd in Command

Keith Webb 02-06-10 13:17

On the road

Great to hear from you Chris and greetings to the rest of the crew.

Looking forward to hearing more as you find internet connections.

Hope the CMPs have been behaving themselves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zemsi (Post 131400)
... just on a slow connection. We drove from Dubbo to Cryon, visited Yarraldool, drove through Walgett to Bourke.

Was heavy raining the first few days. Took some good mud pics, but unfortunately, Mark G forgot his card reader.

We will try tomorrow to drive to White Cliffs, depending on road conditions.

Greetings from Max and his Canadian Crew as well

Chris
2nd in Command

Alex Blair (RIP) 02-06-10 15:13

Canadians amusing them selves..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Webb (Post 130738)
True Australian girls AND boys love their Vegemite. Marmite is good too of course but Promite is far too sweet.:wacko:

Don't worry, Chris' culinary indoctrination shall continue over the coming weekend. I think we might even eat part of our coat of arms. Our cats do and swear by it. :yappy:

Keith
I'm sure the Canadians are behind this story..somehow have attracted these parrots with Canadian beer...laced with Maple Syrup...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100602...rikeetsoffbeat

:remember :kangaroo :drunk: :sheep:

zemsi 02-06-10 23:46

4 Attachment(s)
here are some pics from our first few days

colin jones 03-06-10 06:08

I notice all the bed clothes airing out in pic 3. I hope you did'nt do what you should'nt do in that swag!!!:blink: :nono:
Colin.

zemsi 16-06-10 10:49

Kerang

5 Attachment(s)
g'day

just a short update from our outback tour. we are back in civilization in kerang and visited Tim Scriven.

Everything went more or less smooth. Will tell it too you later. Took some wonderful pics.

The Blitz has a broken Valve at the moment. Max and some Canadians with Mark fix it at Tim's place at the moment. See some real time pics.

cu
chris

Keith Webb 16-06-10 10:59

Good you're back in contact

Broken valve eh? How far did you have to travel like that? At least you're in a good place to fix it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zemsi (Post 132028)
g'day

just a short update from our outback tour. we are back in civilization in kerang and visited Tim Scriven.

Everything went more or less smooth. Will tell it too you later. Took some wonderful pics.

The Blitz has a broken Valve at the moment. Max and some Canadians with Mark fix it at Tim's place at the moment. See some real time pics.

cu
chris

zemsi 16-06-10 12:13

... think we were driving like that since this morning or yesterday afternoon through the Sunset NP, playing in the sand :)

zemsi 16-06-10 12:29

5 Attachment(s)
... some pics from last week

1 / Max and a frozen Coke can
2 / Land Cruiser in the Outback
3 / An MLU lurker
4 / Nearly dead snake on the road
5 / Canadian cook their beans

zemsi 16-06-10 12:40

Walgett

5 Attachment(s)
... some wet pics from outside Walgett

1 / Neil & Gloria's Ford Jeep
2 / Max's Ute
3 / Max's Blitz
4 / Barry's Land Rover
5 / The Convoy

zemsi 16-06-10 13:01

5 Attachment(s)
... some more pics. Pics are taken when i drove parallel in Marks Ute at about 60kmh

1 / only river crossing
2 / Rob
3 / Barry's Landi
4 / Tom driving the Blitz'
5 / Bourke Road

zemsi 16-06-10 13:03

update

... engine is fixed (valve broke itself) and she is roadworthy again.

Will have some fun tomorrow with Tom :kangaroo

Ganmain Tony 16-06-10 13:13

Hey all

Well done Chris, I needed an outback fix. Not to mention I was wondering if you'd all fallen into a dis used mine shaft somewhere out there and could no longer transmit.

Great to see you getting up close and personal with the wild life. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that snake in the photo is a Western Tiapan or Fierce Snake.

As you know, all Australian Snakes are perfectly harmless, can be easily handled and make good pets.

Keith Webb 16-06-10 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ganmain Tony (Post 132041)
As you know, all Australian Snakes are perfectly harmless, can be easily handled and make good pets.

But are they good eating Tony? Perhaps we can send some to Jif. Our fauna fascinates him.

Max Hedges 25-06-10 00:05

G'Day

The old Ladies and us all made it back. Chris is a little bit under the weather from the flu, which he got from another Canadian ###. Nearly everybody was once ill at the trip, even mighty Mark G.

The Canadians are heading soon to Sydney for another day there before the fly home on Saturday.

Greetings
Max

zemsi 29-06-10 03:45

4 Attachment(s)
... here are a few more pics from our trip

1 / big grashopper in the Landcruiser
2 / dirt road from Bourke to Wanaaring
3 / mailbox around Wanaaring
4 / Landcruiser at high speed

zemsi 29-06-10 03:56

members

5 Attachment(s)
... the members of our convoy

1 / Murray, former politician and chicken farmer (> 360'000 chicken per year, together with Bruce, farmer from Walgett
2 / Ray & Marian, farmers from Walgett
3 / Barry from Melbourne and Dennis, retired teacher and sailor in the Carebbeans
4 / Neil and Gloria from Bundaberg
5 / Mark and his CCV (cosy Candy Van), my preferred filming and transportation truck